Sunday 19 May 2013

MY CHAMOMILE



My mummy always used to tell me of how Chamomile tea is used to relax the nerves and to some extent make one forget about what they were going through; soothing tea is what I called it.
I used to come up with various concoctions and try out different brands to find my perfect blend.
My first brand was rather too light. At least it broke my tea experimenting virginity . It was too unsettling for me. And my taste buds wanted more than just the simple taste that it was offered. So we moved onto the next brand.
My #2 was a shocker. It was TOO STRONG.
Too dark
 Too bitter
 Was def worse than having really strong cold coffee in the morning
Was too disgusting
At this point I wanted to give up because I had no clue on what to expect and I’d given up. I was better off trying my own ways of soothing myself.
Take 3
Was almost the perfect blend but something was amiss…and I just couldn’t figure out what it was
Till brand 4 came along.
It was perfect!
Had the exact amount of chamomile and herbs.
Perfect amount of dried tea leaves
Perfect sugar content
Perfect packaging; with no leaks or weary bags
IT WAS MY HEAVEN.
Just to hear the factory shut down n I could no longer get my CHAMOMILE. I was definitely upset…beyond UPSET I had just found my happy place
The one place I would go to and forget about everything
The one thing that made me warm all the way deep inside to the lowest darkest bit of my tiny muscles
My lips would tingle each time I was approaching for a sip…
The heat
The connection
The hidden secrets
The unveiled aroma…
It made me feel comforted
Relaxed and inspired to tackle whatever battle would come my way the next day
So natural
soo true...
All that gone within the twinkle of an eye…
It could not be true after all that searching, I found the perfect CHAMOMILE and lost it…not even tears could express my emotions…

No comments:

Post a Comment