Tuesday 10 July 2012

LOVE HATE FOOD


FOOD….
What does food do to you?
Other than the normal things, like sustain life, make you stronger…you know the normal cliché?
For me, I LOVE HATE food and this is the reason why.
LOVE
Just like everyone else around the world, food makes you stronger, healthier, gives you the energy and the list goes on.
It also makes me happy. When I’m stressed and really upset, I usually bake. Well most of you may think that I bake like comforting cake and all…actually NO! I bake and then give it out to my friends. No charges. No costs. No nothing. FOR FREE. Most of them get super excited coz of this and bug me time and time again to bake for them. Others go to the extent of pissing me off...just to get cake…bizarre but it’s true...many can testify to it…no idea why but chocolate cake is what I relieve my stress on…NOT EATING THOUGH…
I love CHOCOLATES…which gal doesn’t? But I love mine with nuts, caramel or a biscuit in it…now there...you got a loco gal with a huge sweet tooth.
I gatta keep the doc away, so fruits are now my friends…I’m a sucker for citrus fruits, berries and my FAV APPLES
I’m a JUNKIE…I usually have the most random cravings that most of the time people think I’m 247 pregnant…like the other day, I had my crave evolve from a strawberry slushy to caramelized popcorn to tacos  to passion white forest cake to potato salad. Who moves from such cravings? But the most amazing thing about cravings is that when you satisfy them, they tend to subdue…men out there, I do feel bad on your behalf when your wife or girlfriend is expectant and you have to dash out in the middle of the night to get whatever she wants…I surely do sympathize with y’all and at the same time feel pity for my future hubby… J hey but love does work everything out right?
Fav soft drink would def be MOUNTAIN DEW…This is….I actually can’t explain it…from the packaging to the tingly feeling I get on my tongue when I take the first sip of a really chilled mountain dew…AAAA… I once tried mixing it with something else…and the response I got on my taste buds were “don’t be stupid! You can never do that and never try that again”. Another fav fluid of mine would def be H2O. PERIOD. How can I forget fresh passion, orange, mango juice… #bliss
My favorite part about food is ITS DIVERSITY ALL AROUND THE GLOBE…as in each state or country has its own special recipe that may be similar to the people next door but is totally different.
HATE
I’m just like those lil kids we see who don’t like veggies. I do love certain veggies but there are others that are just….same applies to some meat products. Despite been healthy and all, YUCK. I think it boils down to how it’s made and presented.
I hate BAD TASTING FOOD that is COLD, DRY AND HARD…especially fried foods.
The one thing I hate about food…all around the world, we have people who dispose food carelessly, leave food to spoil, act like gluttons and serve too much yet there are people out there somewhere who have nothing. Children suckling on their mothers dried up boobs not knowing that their mother is dead. People fighting each other just to get a share of food before it run out. It’s really painful and saddening when you see the less fortunate ravaging through trash cans just to get something to sustain them…
Food is meant to bring people together… people share meals as a bond… food is a bond… so let us come together and help the less fortunate… instead of overflowing your plate with food that you can’t finish, take the right amount for that one sitting and if it isn’t enough, go for second helpings. (And anyhu don’t people have etiquette manners?) When you go for shopping, buy dry products and place them in charity cartons if not put money in the charity tins. As for street urchins, instead of leaving them hungry and out in the cold, at least spare a cent and buy for them a sandwich if not cup of tea or loaf of bread.

LET’S MAKE A CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment