Tuesday 1 March 2016

Letter to the EX

Readers,

NO SPECULATIONS ALLOWED :-)

 Dear X,







  t has been awhile since we last spoke or even heard from each other. I hope all is well with you. In the ideal situation, I know you expect me to be bitter, sad and resentful but for some reason I’m not. I know it would be crazy for me to ask how your family is doing. So I will simply miss out on the cliché salutations and jump right into it.



S
crolling back, I did enjoy all the happy moments we shared together. From waking up right next to you to touring around the world; learning different cultures and best of all, allowing ourselves to unleash the goofiest bits about ourselves that we couldn’t do in-front of other people. You made me realize the importance of comfort in one’s own skin as well as self confidence.
G
uys and girls came into our lives and we still had each other. Despite the numerous fights we had, we were still able to oversee such minor speed bumps in our relationship. At times I feel as if I was a tad bit naïve of the type of friends that we both kept. You would scold me over some of them in my life and all I thought was that you were insecure. Little did I know you had the best of my interests at heart.
G & L
 I still laugh when I come to think about this. We both entered our relationship with so much baggage and dirty linen but agreed to start afresh and not judge each other on what we had previously gone through. We painted clear pictures of our futures together. From our ideal type of families we would like to have to meeting each other’s families to spending holidays with our in-laws at that point.
A

nger, ANGer, ANGER was one of the things that pushed you into the other lady’s arms. I respect you for being honest but will never forgive you for cheating on me. I won’t say that I was perfect. I do agree that I had a part to play in that as well. I should have listened more proactively than condemn you every other time and act like I was the victim.
J
ust to say this for the record, I am actually better off without you but will always be grateful for the lessons as you were my first love.
Anyway, in short, I am happy you were part of my life at some point. You may have left me in pain but I do believe the statement; TIME HEALS as we NEVER KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TILL WE LOSE IT. I hope you enjoy the rest of your life as you embark on the journey of starting our ideal family but with someone else.

Love,
Ms. X



No comments:

Post a Comment