Sunday 12 April 2015

LIFE TREE



One of my big sister’s once told me;
People have different functions in our lives. Some last, others are seasonal with others are there for a duration.”
And she was soooo right…she made me question some of the characters in my life….
Yes we do all agree life is a journey; there are various types of people we tend to meet and can be easily classified into 3 main parts; Leaves, Branches and Roots.
LEAVES:
These characters are basically there for a season. During sprig they bloom up and eventually in the summer when you are at your Prime, they are fully there for you till the fall checks in and they slowly start shedding off.
These are characters that we all face in life. Always there when it is sunny side up and when you hit the bottom, they look at you and move onto the next person. Lynches is what I prefer calling them. I have met such characters and it’s so funny when they randomly show up back into my life and they never realize I don’t have time for their crap because as it was, when I first met them, I was naive and dumb but now this lil tigress is out for the kill. Though one thing I love about this bunch of characters is the fact that in the moment, they definitely know how to have fun and maximize on opportunities that are placed in front of them. And pretty soon you have leavers….
BRANCHES:
These are the people I place automatically on the fence because they are never sure of their loyalty.  They have a tendency of sticking around for a certain duration to see the most they can maximize from someone or even a situation. They are there to form a relationship that will suit best to their needs and when they realize they have nothing more to gain, they slowly retract from the friendship and dry up. Without knowing or wanting, we tend to lose them from our circles of being.
ROOTS:
These are the people who are there through thick and thin. The ones you can call in the middle of the night and you know that they will always have your back or they will be willing to do what they hate the most only if it’s what will cheer you up. Loyalty is the slogan. Most people will say, family is part of this bunch. I do agree, but at the same time not all families are the same. Yes we definitely can’t choose them but they give us anchorage.
This cluster can also be a bunch of goons who have known you for ages or those random people you click with from the word go. Those who always have your back no matter what; those who will be by your side when the world is against you and they will fight tooth and nail for you when you need them to even without asking.
I have gone through this group of people in my life. From change of best friends, sisters to shear friends and definitely the loser ass boyfriends I’ve had. I can’t judge them for who they are or how our relationships have crashed and burned but I can only thank them for helping me be alil bit wiser and careful. I can now sniff the different parts of the tree as they come across me. Yes some were painful reality checks but others were definitely worth letting go of the dead weight.
If you are reading this and we have known each other personally, I believe you can easily place yourself into the correct group of people in my life. I have always been afraid of hurting people’s feelings and always concerned about what you care or have to say about me….Someone wise once told me “there is only one you and no one can replace that. You are in control of your life and have the power to do whatever you want.” It mysteriously gave me a new sense of ownership and shed off a lot of weight.

I challenge you….in your life, do the number of rooters you have more than the branchers and leavers???
It’s time to re-check your counts and see what to shed off, prune and retain.

No comments:

Post a Comment