Tuesday 11 November 2014

What's The True Definition Of Professional Success?

We all have the potential to be at our MAXIMUM best.
We always complain that the money we earn, isn't enough.
We complain that the jobs  we are in aren't what fulfilling.
So why do you bother to wake up in the morning to go to work?

Most will give the EXCUSE that they are in the position they are in due to:
The economy;
Providing basic needs;
Or better yet, they don't have a choice.

There're  some people I look at on a daily basis and wonder;
"What did you really envision about YOUR FUTURE?"
I've watched people go through pay cuts.
I've watched people demote themselves.
I've watched people shrivel up in their seats due to lack of challenge and growth
And I end up asking myself:
"Why the hell do they even bother waking up in the morning?"

Dark clouds loom over them that you get depressed on their behalf.
To others, they may see them as a WASTE of time, resources and space.
That's why when the company undergoes retrenchment or firing process,
It's no shocker they are the first ones to see the door.
And just like humans natural default;
They talk bad about their former employers
Or better yet their jobs.

When will people ever wake up to reality and FACE it?
Take the risk of walking out of their hell hole in order to satisfy their professional purpose?
I am still green in this corporate world but I have learnt a lot from it.
I have watched people be politically played.
I have watched people breakdown because they hate their jobs.
And I sit and wonder to myself:
"Why?"

I too have fallen victim to this.
I used to love my job until some factor was placed into my space.
I could wake up in the morning and refuse to show up at work;
I could be present physically but not mentally engaged.
I could hurl in my mouth each time i looked at my created problem.
I imagined sooo many things at the back of my mind...
But what VALUE did it add into my life?
NOTHING!!!

I had to have my own self realization.
I didn't hate my job;
I hated the factor that was placed into my space.
I hated the imbalance that was caused.
But it was an eye opener.
I didn't want to be the person who I was becoming.
Neither did I want to be like the factor that was placed into my space;
DESPERATE.

I realized my passion was slowly been hindered by my growing hatred towards something that didn't even ADD value into my life.
I let the minor attribute of annoyance get to the best of me.
What a waste of time and energy it was.
SWOP OF ATTITUDE CHECKED IN.

I started doing what I love.
I focused on my strengths rather than letting my anger be my focal point.
I didn't notice the changes myself till those surrounding me started pin pointing my oozing POSITIVITY.

We all have the ability to build and destroy ourselves.
 No one gives a rat's ass about you when you hit rock bottom,
But they focus on your recovery.
We all know the potential we have to get to our best.
So what's holding you back from getting there?

The most general mistake I have seen most people do is measure their success by MATERIALISM.
Who said to be successful means having a 6 figure balance at the end of the month in your account?
Or by the type of car you drive?
House you live in?
True SUCCESS comes from SELF FULFILLMENT.
How many of you can attest to that?
Take it upon yourself as a challenge to measure your own SUCCESS.
Is it driven by your PASSION or by MATERIALISM CRAVE?

Hmmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment